Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Happiness Always

#stampinup

This week's challenge at the Create with Connie and Mary blog is a sketch challenge. They always have fun sketches and color combinations to inspire us. You should check out the challenge and play along.

CCMC351

I created a simple card using the Lullaby Designer Series Paper and retiring (boo!) 2013-15 In Colors. I started with a Coastal Cabana card base. I added the strips from the Lullaby DSP according to the sketch and then added a Pistachio Pudding mat that I embossed with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

Next I stamped two flowers from the Petal Potpourri set--one in Crisp Cantaloupe and one in Hello Honey--onto Whisper White card stock. I punched out the flowers with the coordinating Flower Medallion punch. I adhered the flowers using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Finally I stamped a sentiment from the "And Many More" stamp set in Coastal Cabana on Whisper White. I cut this out with the Large Oval Punch and then cut another larger oval from Coastal Cabana with the Extra Large Oval Punch. I mounted this onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, too!

Quick and easy and I love these colors together. I'm gonna miss the retiring In Colors!


Product List

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I really like how you interpreted the sketch and I am with you about the colors - I am going to miss them too! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing this Lullaby paper used for things other than baby cards - it is so versatile! You have done a great job with the sketch - your card is very sweet and pretty! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card with the flowers and colors! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! The colour coordination is lovely between the DSP and the flowers. Great interpretation of the sketch. :)
    Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! I'm really gonna miss these colors when they retire! They all work so well together! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your combination of colours and papers to create a non-baby card - like you I will miss these colours, Coastal Cabana in particular. Hopefully we will get something equally good to replace it! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and Simple! What a GREAT use of the retiring colors and the this dsp! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is cute...so fresh and springy! Love your colors! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am right there with you, I am really going to miss these colors! Your card displays them beautifully! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete