Thursday, April 23, 2015

Freshly Made Bloom for You

#stampinup

So the temperatures here in mid-Maryland last weekend were in the 80s. Spring had arrived! This weekend the temps are barely going to get out of the 50s!! We had to turn our heat back on today and I'm freezing!!! Yet, it's still spring and the hardy flowers are poking their pretty heads out of the ground. And I want to grab all my flower stamps and get to creating!

I had a flash of an idea for this week's sketch over at the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog. The Scalloped Tag Topper Punch would be perfect for the long element on the side of the sketch. I also wanted to use some Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper because it's so beautiful, don't you agree?



I cut an 8.5" x 11" sheet of Pacific Point card stock in half lengthwise--I've been in the mood for these "tall" cards lately. I added a strip of Painted Blooms DSP, but it didn't quite "pop" off the card, so I added a strip of Wild Wasabi card stock behind it. Then I added a length of Daffodil Delight 1/4" Cotton Ribbon.

Next I punched Whisper White tag using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch and ran it through the Big Shot using the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder. I adhered this to the right side of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the "Bloom For You" flower in Daffodil Delight onto Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the Fun Flower Punch. I adhered this to the label with some more Stampin' Dimensionals.

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the "And Many More" stamp set in Pacific Point onto a scrap of Whisper White. I flagged the end with the Banner Punch and adhered that just above the DSP element. 

Bright and pretty flowers for a cold spring day!!


Product List
133519s
[133519]
$12.95

2 comments:

  1. I am so ready for spring flowers! Love your floral card! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love these bright and cheerful colors - they work so well together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete