Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Coastal Mixed Bunch

#stampin up

Well, the soon-to-be retired list is out, so that means I need to use the stamp sets that I love before they retire. And I need to use the 2013-15 In Colors before they retire. It's a bittersweet time of the Stampin' Up year. I'm sad because some of my old favorites are retiring, but I'm looking forward to NEW toys to play with!!!

This week's CAS(E) This Sketch is stunningly simple. I guess that's what clean and simple is all about, right?! And it's spring, so I'm bringing out my floral stamps to play with. Today I pulled out my "Mixed Bunch" stamp set which will retire at the end of May. I love this set! (But I also love "Petal Potpourri" so I still have my flower "fix"--if that set carries over....oh please, oh please!)



I started with a Coastal Cabana card base. I added a Basic Black mat onto which I layered a Pistachio Pudding mat that I embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder. Next I stamped two flowers from the "Mixed Bunch" set in Coastal Cabana onto Whisper White card stock, and one flower in Pistachio Pudding (even though it looks like Smoky Slate in the picture). I arranged the flowers along the side of the card and mounted them with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped a sentiment from the "And Many More" stamp set (NOT retiring--yay!) in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a scrap of Whisper White. I flagged the end with the Banner Punch and mounted it with Stampin' Dimensionals. Quick and easy and clean and simple.


Product List
133519s
[133519]
$12.95

1 comment: