Friday, April 17, 2015

Birthday CASE

I've had the Adventure Bound Designer Series Pack on my desk for a while. I love all the papers--they're photographs of natural things like trees and stones and wood and woolens. Just stunning. I'm hesitant to cut them up, but cut them up I did!

There was a card in this month's demonstrator-only issue of Stampin' Success that used strips of designer series paper in a unique way. I decided to CASE (copy and steal everything) the design.

I used a non-traditional sized card: 3"x6"--just like the card in Stampin' Success. The card base is Sahara Sand and the panel is Whisper White. I cut several 3/4" strips of DSP and adhered them diagonally onto the Whisper White panel. I cut the ends to the size of the Whisper White panel.

Next I stamped "happy birthday" from the "Balloon Bash" photopolymer stamp set in Cajun Craze. I tied a length of Gold Baker's Twine around the Whisper White panel and adhered the panel to the card base. I tied another length of Baker's Twine onto the diagonal strip and tied a bow. I adhered the bow to the card with a glue dot so that the bow stays flat against the card.

Since this is not an A2 size card, I needed to make an envelope. I chose a piece of Confetti Celebration DSP and cut an 8"x8" piece. I used the Envelope Punch Board to create a coordinating envelope.


Product List
103683s
[103683]
$4.95

No comments:

Post a Comment