Monday, March 16, 2015

Simply Great Friend

The color combination on this week's Create with Connie & Mary challenge blog had me stumped momentarily--until I remembered that I had the Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper stack and I was pretty sure it had some Sahara CCMC346Sand papers and it did!!! I love the Adventure Bound DSP stack. There are loads of real images that are great for backgrounds or for stamping on. I'm going to have to pull this stack out more often.

My card was very quick to put together once I'd chosen the DSP. I started with a Wild Wasabi card base and added a Basic Black mat. I adhered the Sahara Sand Adventure Bound on top. I tied on a length of Wild Wasabi Cotton Twine from the Painted Blooms collection.

I stamped a sentiment from the Sale-A-Bration "Simply Wonderful" set in Memento Tuxedo Black onto a Very Vanilla stack and punched it with the Note Tag Punch. I adhered the punch onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally I tied a little Wild Wasabi bow atop the label. 

For a little pizzazz, I added some Basic Rhinestones--some of which I colored with a Black Sharpie. Quick and easy!!

 
Product List

7 comments:

  1. Great choice on the DSP Kathy! This would make a great card for a guy or a girl. Very cute! Thank you for playing the color challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see a lot of dsp, and this plaid is a great background for this card! The bling and the pretty bow dress it up nicely. Great job with the colors! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Simple, masculine and beautifully designed. Good choice of DSP and I like the touch of twine. :) Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great CAS card! I love how the DSP takes centre stage and the twine tie and bow that draws the eye to the sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute CAS card with that plaid DSP! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and Classy - GREAT CAS card! Love how you added the twine over the tag on this! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that DSP! What a great choice to use for this challenge. The sprinkling of rhinestones is just the right touch! I'm so glad you played along at Create With Connie and Mary! ♥

    ReplyDelete