Wednesday, March 11, 2015

ATCAS Friend

This week's code word at the Addicted to Clean and Simple challenge is "distress." There was a time that just about everything I created used distressing techniques. I haven't done much of that lately, so I was thrilled to pull out some of my old tricks.



When I use the distress technique, I like to use antique-type stamps. "The Traveler" set is a perfect match for this challenge.

I stamped the ship in Early Espresso onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut a tag with the Angled Tag Topper Punch. I used Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon and Early Espresso Baker's Twine at the top of the tag. I distressed the tag by sponging with Soft Suede and Calypso Coral.

I embossed a panel of Very Vanilla card stock with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder. Then I sponged on some Blushing Bride ink and crumbled the card stock until it was soft and pliable. I added a panel of Blushing Bride card stock onto an Early Espresso card base and added the distressed piece and tag. 

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the "And Many More" set onto a piece of Blushing Bride and flagged the end with the Banner Punch. I made another flag in Early Espresso to complete the design.


Product List
133519s
[133519]
$12.95

No comments:

Post a Comment