Friday, February 27, 2015

Ombre Baby Bumblebee

Oh my gosh! The sketch over at the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog is so simple that it almost threw me for a loop. What in the world would I do with that??!!

Then I took a look at the wonderful cards the design team created and I saw that the sketch was almost anything goes--as long as it had the ribbon element at the top and remained clean and simple!!

I've been dying to use the totes adorbs "Baby Bumblebee" stamp with my Blendabilities. I thought this stamp would be really cute with an ombre-style using the light, medium, and dark of any Blendabilities set. I chose to use Calypso Coral--because I just got them in an order!! I also used the Skin Tone Blendabilities on the baby's face and wings.

I love, love, love the Calypso Coral seam binding ribbon, so I simply attached a length to the top of the card and tied a simple knot in the middle. I used a glue dot to pull the center of the ribbon down a little bit...just 'cause I wanted to see how that would look.


This card was so quick to pull together and I think it's really cute!! What do you think??

Product List

2 comments:

  1. Great card! Love that sweet little bee! The calypso coral looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! That baby bee is adorable! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete