Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Celebrate Today Pop-Up Gift Card Holder

Here's another sneak peek at a project we'll be making at Lynn Birus's annual Sale-A-Bration stamp camp. I've seen these pop-up gift card holders on stamping blogs and on Pinterest and I thought I'd try making one--and then I realized this would be a great stamp camp project!!

I can't tell you how many times I tried this before I actually got it right! It was what I like to call "user error." This technique is not hard--but I had to fuss with getting the slot for the gift card to the right depth--so there was enough room for the card once I applied the sticky tape. Anyway, once I got through my trial and error period, this project is easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!! I'll post a tutorial over the weekend. Check back and click on the TUTORIAL tab above. There are some other tutorials there, too!

Here's the outside of the gift card holder. I originally had only the Stawberry Slush balloon because I was going to tie the gift card enclosure with a ribbon. But it needed a little something, so I die-cut another balloon in Daffodil Delight and then stamped it with the dot stamp and then I knew I hit on the design. Boom!

(Stamp Set: Celebrate Today; Inks: Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight; Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay; Whisper White; Accessories: Whisper White 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Balloon Framelit Dies, Banner from Circle Card Framelit, Envelope Punch Board to round corners, Simply Scored Score Board)

Here's what it looks like open! Stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself!!

(Stamp Set: Celebrate Today; Ink: Bermuda Bay; Card Stock: Daffodil Delight; DSP: Park Lane; Accessories: Envelope Punch Board to round corners, Simply Scored Score Board, Sticky Tape)

No comments:

Post a Comment