Friday, October 31, 2014

Addicted to Vellum

The challenge word at the Addicted to Clean and Simple challenge is "vellum." I have some lovely Gold Fancy Foil Vellum paper, but I've never figured out what to do with it. So I accepted the ATCAS challenge.

And then I regretted it. I made a card. I hated the card. I tried to modify the card. I ruined the card. I threw it away. Ugh.

Next, I thought I might be able to use the vellum to make a box using the Gift Box Punch Board. I did. It was cute. It would be cute with a flickering electric tea light in it. But, duh, it's not a card. And it wasn't anything special. (A whole bunch on a tablescape might be pretty....)

Then, in desperation, as it was closing in on midnight, I hit upon an idea. I had one striped vellum banner left. (The others were in the recycling bin.) I paired it up with a Gold Foil Sheet banner. I wrapped some Gold Baker's Twine around the top of the Whisper White panel and adhered everything to a Basic Black card base.

Now what? I needed to stamp something on it. I pulled out the "Sumthin' Sumthin" stamp set and stamped "Surprise!" in Gold Encore Ink (because I was so surprised that I actually came up with a good idea!) I added a few Gold Sequins and finally had a design that I actually like! 

(Stamp Set: Sumthin' Sumthin'; Ink: Gold Encore; Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White; DSP: Gold Fancy Foil Vellum and Gold Foil Sheet; Accessories: Hexagon Punch (for flagged ends of banners), Gold Baker's Twine, Gold Sequin Trim)

2 comments:

  1. Love your combination of gold striped vellum, gold sentiment, gold foil sheet, gold striped twine and gold sequins! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the gorgeous banners and bakers twine! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete