Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Retro Thank You

Wow! It's been a long time since I've played along with the Retro Sketches challenge blog. I can't let that happen again. I love the sketches here and the great artwork of the Retro Sketches design team! Here's this week's sketch.



I wanted to use the "Watercolor Thank You" a la carte stamp in a different way--well, different than using a color wash background. I had a piece of the diagonal striped "Typeset" DSP on my desk and thought that would fill the bill nicely. I noticed the sketch had the sentiment under the two squares, so I pulled out my fave sentiment from the "Timeless Talk" set. I thought it was ironic to have a BIG thank you as the main image and a tiny "Thanks BIG Time!" sentiment. I had to add some bling, too. I just couldn't help myself!

I'd be thrilled if you would leave me a comment and tell me what you think of my design!

(Stamp Sets: Watercolor Thank You, Timeless Talk; Ink: Black Stazon; Card Stock: Real Red, Very Vanilla; DSP: Typeset Specialty Paper; Accessories: Basic Rhinestones)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment