Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Halloweeny Card

I don't normally "do" Halloween cards. Halloween doesn't scream "card sending occasion." But there are some super cute sets in the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini Catalog and simply everyone in the stamping blog-o-sphere is doing Halloween themed cards and colors. And I don't like to be left out.

The "Mingle All The Way" stamp set has stamps for all the Fall and Winter holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I thought the Halloween stamp from this set would be perfect for this week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge Sketch.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 111. #papercraftcrew #stampinup #cardsketch

I knew I had a piece of striped Tangerine Tango DSP from the "Flowerpot" pack hanging around and another sheet of large white dots on Blackberry Bliss DSP from the "Sweet Taffy" pack. I used my Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Tango, and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers to color directly onto the stamp. Then I huffed on it to re-wet it and stamped the image onto a piece of Whisper White card stock. At first I wasn't too pleased with the sketchy image, but then I decided it was "ghostly" and "Halloweeny" and was perfect!

I added a couple of stickers from the September Paper Pumpkin kit (there were a bajillion in that kit!!) and a piece of Tangelo Tango ribbon and a little strip of Crushed Curry DSP that was the back of the Tangerine Tango piece for a little accent.

(Stamp Set: Mingle All The Way; Card Stock: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Tango; DSP: Flowerpot and Sweet Taffy; Accessories: Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Tango, Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers, Tangelo Tango Stitched Satin Ribbon, Paper Pumpkin Halloween Stickers)

No comments:

Post a Comment