Friday, August 15, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Twins!!

Where does the time go? It really seems like only a few years ago that my "surprise" twins were born! (Surprise, you're pregnant! Surprise, it's twins!) Our lives were forever changed--for the better. I'm so proud of them. They're pretty wonderful. Alex and Becky are turning 15, so it's hard to get a picture of them these days, teenaged angst and all that. But we always take a picture during our beach vacation (where all the teens and early 20-somethings are coerced into a group picture). Here are Alex and Becky just a week shy of their 15th birthday. Aw, aren't they cute? And don't they look thrilled to be getting their pic taken?



I've had the "Amazing Birthday" set out a lot lately and I figured I'd use it to make their birthday cards, too. An idea popped into my head and I decided I'd try it. I think it turned out pretty well. Here's Alex's card:

(Stamp Set: Amazing Birthday; Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow; Card Stock: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Mossy Meadow; Accessories: Banners Framelits Collection, Zig Zag Embossing Folder)
And here's Becky's card--the "opposite" of Alex's card.

(Stamp Set: Amazing Birthday; Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow; Card Stock: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, Mossy Meadow; Accessories: Banners Framelits Collection, Zig Zag Embossing Folder)
My idea was to make some surprising, springy elements inside the card, using the circle stamps from the "Amazing Birthday" set. I took a piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock and cut it to 3" by 3". Using the Simply Scored Board, I scored every 1/2" and then cut six 1/2" strips to make the "boingers." I attached the circles to the "boingers" with a dimensional and attached the "boinger" to the card with a dimensional. Here's how it turned out:

(Stamp Set: Amazing Birthday; Inks: Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey; Card Stock: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow; Accessories: Simply Scored Board, 1-1/4" Circle Punch)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to the twins! Mine are 44 now, boy and girl too. I love the cards you made for them!

    ReplyDelete