Thursday, July 10, 2014

When I Need A Friend

The "Choose Happiness" set is becoming one of my favorites. It's got a lot of different elements to it. I originally spotted the woodgrain banner stamp that matches our Banners Collection Framelits...but I haven't even mounted that stamp yet. I've been having so much fun playing with the other stamps in this set.

This week's Nacho Average challenge is a clean and simple sketch challenge. I grabbed a piece of Lullaby DSP as my starting point and picked up the "Choose Happiness" set which I'd "filed" on the floor next to my desk and got to work.

Here's the sketch.



Here's my card.

(Stamp Set: Choose Happiness; Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar; Card Stock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White; DSP: Lullaby; Accessories: Blender Pens)

I thought the stamped flower was a bit, um, sparse, so I got out my blender pen and colored in the flower. As you might remember, I hate to color because I'm not very good at it. But I think it turned out pretty well.

7 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love the sentiment. Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coloring--the flower looks so pretty! And, I love the sentiment--nice font!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job with the coloring Thanks for playing with NAS and our challenge this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great stamp set to highlight on your card using the Nacho Average sketch. Thanks so much for joining us, hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and I think you did a great job with the coloring and highlighting! Thanks for playing along with us again. It's always nice to see your beautiful designs. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that flower looks gorgeous! Love the soft look you got with the blender pen. Beautiful card! thanks for joining the fun with us this week at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete