Monday, July 7, 2014

Shabby Chic Happiness

I've been furiously designing and cutting paper for my Stampin' Up Convention swap cards. I leave next Tuesday and I'm not ready at all. But the hardest part is done: I've designed all my projects. I'm in 3 organized swaps--those are swaps with theme and rules. I'm an angel swapper for one of the organized swaps--that means if someone doesn't show up, I have a set of extra cards ready to swap so that all the participants go home with a full set of swaps. And I want to make some general swap cards, because it's so much fun to swap. Like I said, everything is designed; one project is finished; one project is cut and ready to stamp and assemble; and two projects, well, they're still waiting....I haven't started my general swaps, but I have an idea of what I want to do.

In the meantime, this is one of my swap "rejects." I like it all right, but I'm not sure it's exactly "convention quality." The idea and the execution just didn't turn out. I'm going to try this again when I'm not pressed for time. I like the color combo. I like the layout. It's just missing that je ne sais quoi. If you sais quoi, please, let me know. I'd be happy to accept any and all ideas on improving this card!

(Stamp Set: Choose Happiness; Ink: Mossy Meadow; Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Blackberry Bliss, Crumb Cake; Accessories: Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Markers, Bracket Label Punch, Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread)


No comments:

Post a Comment