Monday, April 7, 2014

Yikes! Where does the time go?

Ever had one of those days, weeks, months....lives where time seems to go so fast you can't catch your breath? Yeah, you say. Welcome to my world. I think we all have those days. I usually "catch up" on my stamping over the weekend, but I spent Saturday with my darling daughter at a volleyball tournament, squeezed in a family movie night watching "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" (spoiler alert: AWESOME!!). Then Sunday was an inspiring worship service with Keith Lancaster leading our singing and our preach returning to the pulpit for the first time since starting cancer treatments. Followed by a soccer game, finishing up my Stampin' Up taxes (ugh!), and an evening Bible study. By the time I got home, I was too pooped to stamp.Well, Monday was a full day of work, followed by a volleyball club board meeting, then I had to run some errands and I didn't get home until 9:30. I'm still too pooped to stamp, but I made quick card any way because I made a commitment that I'm going to blog every weekday this year. So here it is, almost 11:00 and I'm keeping my commitment.

This card was made for another of the Create with Connie and Mary challenges. It's sketch challenge this week. Thank goodness it's a simple sketch.  Here's the sketch...

CCMC297


....and here's my too pooped to stamp card. My DD deemed it "really cute" without prompting. I hope you enjoy it. And I hope I have a little more time to stamp tomorrow night so I can make a few things in "reserve" for the rest of the week's blog entries.

(Stamp Set: Birthday Cake; Ink: Pacific Point; Card Stock: Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Pacific Point; Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Modern Label and Word Window Punches; Pacific Point Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Pacific Point 1-1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Pacific Point Candy Dots)
 Nighty-night!



7 comments:

  1. Wow! I bet you are pooped! But your card is fabulous! I love these fun bright colors and the simple layout! The strips of ribbon look fantastic! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing you could still stamp after such a calendar! But your card is very cute! I love how you used the two sizes of ribbon..that looks so good and the birthday cake makes a great focal point! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us for the challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card Kathy. I like the way you used the ribbon for the 3 strips. I hope you are able to get some stamping in this week and glad you can keep so busy with family! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute way to use the ribbon in the background! Love the colors, too! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cheerful! I love how you used the different thicknesses of ribbon for your stripes. Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the coordinating ribbon in different sizes for the background. I like how you took the chevron from the stamped image and used it in the embossing! Thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! I love the bold, bright colors and the ribbon background. Thanks so much for joining us for the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete