Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Far Away and CAS

This week's code word over at Addicted to CAS is "Far Away." Hmm, what do I have that I can use for this theme? I thought about something that said "Miss You," but I don't have any stamps that say that. I used the bicycle from Timeless Talk for the last ATCAS challenge. Oh! I know! I can use "The Open Sea!"

I really love "The Open Sea" set. I remember it was in an Occasions mini catalog and I was thrilled when it carried over to the annual catalog...and then carried over for a couple more years. I wonder if it will be on the "Retiring List" that comes out on April 21st. I hope it stays around some more....but if it retires, that only means room for MORE NEW STAMPS!!!

I wanted to do something out of the "ordinary" with this set, and last week I had an idea for using a few out-of-the-box colors. But I can't remember what they were now. (Does that ever happen to you??) Anyway, I decided I'd use Blushing Bride and Early Espresso. Those colors combined with the sailing ship say "vintage" to me--which usually means "more is MORE." But since this is supposed to be a clean and simple challenge, I had to "embrace the space." I'm learning to like CAS, but I still feel like the card stock is "naked" if I don't emboss it or stamp on it.

Here's my entry for this fortnight's challenge:

(Stamp Set: The Open Sea; Ink: Early Espresso; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride; Early Espresso Core'Dinations Specialty Paper; Accessories: Deco Framelits, Arrows Embossing Folder, Natural Trim)

I matted the imagine on Early Espresso Core'dinations paper that I roughed up with the sanding block. I thought the Arrows Embossing Folder added to the "far away" theme.

For my bow, I wanted to have something a little less frou-frou and a little more nautical, so I looped a piece of the natural trim over the horizontal piece and pulled it through. I frayed the edges a little, because, well I think vintage can be CAS, too.

1 comment:

  1. What a great image for the Far Away Code Word, Kathy .. lovely colour combo and what a fabulous nautical knot! Thanks for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete