Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Addicted to Wheels

I've gotta admit:  When I saw the codeword WHEELS for this fortnight's Addicted to CAS challenge, I thought, "Well, I guess I'll have to pull out Timeless Talk again." It's the only set I have that has anything at all to do with wheels. But I also have to admit, Timeless Talk was the first set to go on my wishlist when the 2013-14 catalog came out. It was vintage, but it was fresh. That's kind of my style. Plus I really liked the sample cards shown on page 18 in the catalog--they're just one bright color on whisper white. Totally CAS! Here's my take on that idea.

(Stamp Sets: Timeless Talk, Pennant Parade; Ink: Calypso Coral; Card Stock: Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, Whisper White; Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon, Calypso Coral Bakers' Twine)

I had some Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon, so that decided my color scheme. I also had some Calypso Coral Bakers' Twine to add to the mix. I used the Chevron Embossing Folder on the top half of the card to mimic the ribbon. When I was about finished, I had a brainstorm to add a teeny, tiny sentiment and I found just the right one in the Pennant Parade set. Cracks me up that "Wish Big" is so tiny! I used a panel of Basic Gray to give just a little bit of pizzazz and pop to the monochromatic theme.

1 comment:

  1. Love the penny farthing! Thanks for playing along with our "Wheels" challenge at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete