Thursday, March 27, 2014

"Ugly Paper" Challenge

One of my fave stampers, Lyssa Zwolnek, has an entry on her blog today called "What To Do With Ugly Paper."  One of the sheets of the Sale-a-Bration Sweet Sorbet is not like the others. I can see why some would call it "ugly," but I actually like it. I've seen some great samples using that particular sheet of Sweet Sorbet. Lyssa has some wonderful examples, too!

This week's Paper Craft Crew Challenge is a sketch challenge. I decided I'd follow Lyssa's lead and see what I could do with that "ugly" paper for the PCCCS #86. Here's the sketch.

Card Sketch

I used the "ugly" paper as my accent piece and built the rest of the card from there. The banners are pieces of the other Sweet Sorbet sheets. The Champagne Glimmer Paper circles are from this month's Paper Pumpkin! I think they add a nice bit of bling.

(Stamp Sets: Label Love, Timeless Talk; Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party; Card Stock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White; DSP: Sweet Sorbet. Accessories: Artisan Label and Banner Punches, In Color Boutique Details)



2 comments:

  1. Kathy - I saw Lyssa's post as well and laughed when I read the heading! So fitting for that SAB Sweet Sorbet page that I was having difficulties using. I think that your project is terrific and saw it on the PCC challenge this week. Love your use of the "ugly paper" and the mix with Pistachio Pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy... I LOVE the title of your post and "ugly paper." You did a great job with the card sketch and incorporating the "ugly paper" which I personally do find ugly but I know my upline loves the paper. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete