Monday, March 31, 2014

Sale-a-Bration Pop-Up Box Card

Today is the last day of Sale-a-Bration. You can STILL order on my online store and get a FREE SAB item with every $50 you spend. You also have time to subscribe to My Paper Pumpkin and get a FREE set of In Color Marks. Time runs out for both deals at midnight (MT) tonight (March 31, 2014). 

I'm always a little sad when SAB is over. I fall in love with the products and then they have to be put away. I always hope a couple of items will carry over to the new catalog, but we have to wait to see. Personally, I'm hoping the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder and the Banner Punch carry over. (Oh please, oh please!)

So for my last SAB hurrah, I created one of those pop-up box cards, AKA explosion box cards. Our office is going to give our administrative secretary a gift card for Secretary's Day later this month. I said I'd make a card--and I made a doozy! I've seen lots of these pop-up box cards and wanted to learn how to make one myself. I went to a number of websites and watched a number of You Tube videos and used a hybrid of instructions to make my card. I think it turned out pretty well, don't you?

(Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, Layered Labels, Petite Petals, Papillion  Potpourri; Inks: Basic Black, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit; Card Stock: Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit; DSP: Sweet Sorbet; Accessories: Blossom, Elegant Butterfly, Petite Petals, Oval, 3/4" Circle Punches, Apothecary Accents Framelit Dies, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Basic Pearls)

I used SAB Sweet Sorbet DSP because I love, love, love that paper. The colors are so Spring-y and, well, sweet. And I thought adding flowers from the Mixed Bunch and Petite Petals sets would make a lasting flower arrangement for our administrator. I showed the card to my work group today--and even the "boys" were impressed--I'm guessing that's because it looks like it's an engineering marvel! Little do they know--it's all about the tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment