Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Another Challenging Challenge

I always try to play along with the Fab Friday challenges, but this week's challenge almost stymied me. I was thrilled, thrilled, I tell ya, to see that Minders announced the sex of her baby via this challenge. What a sweet idea! Congratulations, Mindy! I'm sooo excited for you. New baby. New home. So fun!!

But the sketch. Hmm, I had almost decided not to play along this week even though we were given loads of latitude with the sketch. It just wasn't coming to me. I had kernels of ideas, but I never seemed to get them to pop! (See what I did there?) I finally got an idea by starting with my color pallet first. I choose the Retro Fresh DSP for my background and went from there. I think I may have pulled it off. What do you think?

Here's the sketch:


And here's what I came up with:

(Stamp Set: Perfect Pennants; Inks: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana; Card Stock: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana; DSP: Retro Fresh; Accessories: Banners Framelits Dies, Retro Fresh Washi Tape)

1 comment:

  1. Great interpretation! The multiple banners are great. And I love how you used the wash tape for the center one....I always seem to have trouble using the wash tape but you've used it so well! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete