Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thanks BIG Time!

My wonderful neighbor, Mark, really helped me out during our biggest snow storm of the season. We had about 14 inches of the white stuff. It was beautiful. Contrary to what I keep hearing people say, I have NOT had enough snow and have NOT had enough winter. Bring it, Jack Frost! I love the stuff! But when I went out after the storm to shovel my driveway, the task looked pretty daunting. My two teenaged boys were there to help (DH was still deployed overseas), but we have one big driveway on about a 20 degree slope--so there's a lot of snow to move while trying not to slide back into the garage.

Mark to the rescue! He pushed his snow blower along the public sidewalk and then shooed us off our driveway while he blew the snow away like magic! It was awesome. My boys and I were so grateful. I wanted to make a card to thank Mark BIG time.

Here's the sketch for this week's challenge at Create with Connie and Mary (CCMC291):
 
CCMC291

I thought this sketch would be great for Mark's thank you card. I knew it had to be manly, so I chose The Open Sea set. He also collects lighthouses, so the seafaring motif of this set works well. I sponged some Early Espresso over the letters on the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder to "age" the card stock so it would match with the "aged" Soho Subway paper I chose. I also sponged the globe, sentiment, and Summer Starfruit piece.

(Stamp Sets: The Open Sea, Timeless Talk; Inks: Island Indigo, Early Espresso; Card Stock: Island Indigo, Summer Starfruit, Very Vanilla; DSP: Soho Subway: Accessories: Alphabet Press Embossing Folder, Circles Framelits, Small Oval Punch)

No comments:

Post a Comment