Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hello There! Color Challenge

I know I'm a little bit crazy, but I've made it a goal to post something to my blog every weekday this year. So far, so good. Today was a bit of a challenge.  I usually have a few projects made in advance, but today I had bupkis. I knew I was going to play along with the Splitcoast Stampers color challenge (CC464) today, so all day long I was creating a card in my head.  Actually, the card just "came" to me! I love it when that happens! I'm usually CASEing someone else's work, but this design is mine, all mine mwhahaha!

Here's the crazy part:  I left my job at 6:30 this evening, rushed to make it in time to Bible class at my church, followed by a parents' meeting that lasted until 9:00. Then I had to drive home and pick up something really nutritious fast food because my neglected children hadn't eaten dinner and our microwave is broken so they couldn't even make popcorn. I got home at 9:40. We all wolfed down our food. I sorted the mail (bill, bill, recycle, recycle) and then ran up to my stamp room to create this card. I got 'er done in record time (even after I made a few alterations to my design), snapped a pic of it with my iPad, edited the photo and uploaded and blogged about it here and it's 10:40. Wowza! I must be the Flash tonight.

(Stamp Set: Timeless Talk; Ink: Pumpkin Pie; Card Stock: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Primrose Petals, Whisper White; Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Window Frames Framelits, Word Window Punch, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Pumpkin Pie Candy Dots)
The challenge was to use Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Primrose Petals and a neutral of our own choice. For a "bonus," we were challenged to add an interesting background. I also paper pierced around the Primrose Petals medallion. I know! Pretty cute card (IMHO) that I pulled off in record time. (You do NOT want to see my stamp table!!) 

What will I do tomorrow?! I guess we'll all be surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment