Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hello! Retro Sketch Challenge



Today, my inspiration is coming from a new (to me) stamping challenge. Retro Sketches, "where every sketch is a blast from our past," hosts a weekly sketch challenge. I've been lurking over there for a while and I figured I'd better stop lurking and start stamping! I like the sketches because they're usually clean and simple (CAS), and as someone commented on my blog: "Once you go CAS, you never go back." I'm betting that I'll prove that adage wrong because I still love my throw-everything- but-the-kitchen-sink-at-it--and then add a button--style! But I do love CAS!! Here's this week's challenge (retrosketches #102).

And here's my take on the sketch.  Once I pulled out the Six-Sided Sampler, I knew just what I was going to do. I've seen the checkerboard hexagon done in Night of Navy and thought it was stunning. I paired that with Raspberry Ripple. Those two colors are so crisp together. Add some Whisper White and the combo just makes me happy. Even though this is CAS, I added the Arrows Embossing Folder because I just have to have some texture in the "blank" spots.

(Stamp Set: Six-Sided Sampler; Ink: Night of Navy; Card Stock: Raspberry Ripple, Night of Navy, Whisper White; Accessories: Arrows Embossing Folder, Night of Navy and Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon)

No comments:

Post a Comment