Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Awesome, Thanks!

Our area is about to get somewhere between 4 and 8 inches of snow overnight. The county schools have already closed. I'm hoping my work will be closed because I love to do two things on a snow day: 1. Sleep in!! 2. Stamp!! (I guess I'll have to shovel at some point.)

I'd like to say, for the record, that I am NOT "so over" winter! I love winter! It's my favorite season. I'm thrilled to be getting another dump of snow. Mid-Maryland doesn't always get snow, so this winter has been really great. (I might not feel this way tomorrow, after I've shoveled my driveway.) So even though I'm not "over" winter, I seem to be making cards with subtle spring colors--like this one I made for Connie & Mary's Spring 2014 Sketch Challenge (CCMCSPRING14-03).  

I was fiddling around in my scraps pile--you know, that pile of paper and DSP that you've cut off the sheet and that you're planning to file neatly in the accordian folder where you keep you scraps, organized by color in the correct color family, but end up just piling scraps next to your cutter--that pile. I'd used this DSP on one of the Christmas cards I made for my stamp-a-stack series and these strips were just lying there in the pile waiting to be used again. The scraps determined my color scheme--especially since my go-to card base color is becoming Baked Brown Sugar. I'd seen someone else ink up the Yippee-Skippee! greetings with markers and "Awesome...Thanks" fit into my circle and the rest just all fell into place. Of course I also had to use my new fave embossing folder from Sale-a-Bration: Decorative Dots. I've said it before and I'm saying it again in the hope that my wish will waft on over to Riverton, Utah: I hope, I hope, I hope this folder gets carried over at the end of SAB!!

(Stamp Set: Yippee-Skippee!; Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding; DSP: 2013-1014 In Color DSP Stack; Accessories: Crisp Cantaloupe and Pistachio Pudding Stampin' Write Markers, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Circles Collection Framelits, Banner Framelit Dies, Pistachio Pudding Ruffled Stretch Ribbon, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice card Kathy. The colors and layers look great with the dots embossing! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used! And what a great way to use up those scraps! The simplicity is beautiful! And that ruffled ribbon is gorgeous! Thanks for playing the Saturday challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete