Thursday, January 16, 2014

Coffee Time!

I'm planning a stamp-a-stack for one of my dear customers who always hosts a stamp-a-stack during Sale-a-Bration. I feel like I'm "cheating" a little because I'm using cards I created this fall, so they're not "new." But they're new to Sara and her guests--unless they've been following my blog.

I decided to update one of the cards I made this fall. The previous card uses the Sweater Weather designer series paper from the Holiday mini catalog (which I still really LUV) and it uses "fall" colors. For the update, I used the same set and the same basic layout, but I used the Retro Fresh DSP from the new Occasions mini catalog, which uses "springier" colors. I still wanted to keep that coffee "flavor" (see what I did there?) so the card base is Baked Brown Sugar--reminds me of my daily caramel machiatto! I embossed the Calypso Coral strip with the Square Lattice embossing folder and added some Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Trim as a "skirt." I also embossed the Coastal Cabana "shadow" piece behind the greeting. The coffee cozies are paper-pieced using the Retro Fresh DSP.  I think I like this updated version a little better than the original. Which do you prefer?
 

(Stamp Set: Perfect Blend: Ink: Baked Brown Sugar; Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Very Vanilla; DSP: Retro Fresh: Accessories: Artisan Label Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Coastal Cabana Ruffle Stretch Trim, Natural Trim)

No comments:

Post a Comment