Monday, September 16, 2013

In Love With Color Challenge

I'm a little bit behind on getting a card made for Lyssa Zwolanek's color challenge.  Lyssa posts a color challenge every Sunday and I knew exactly what I wanted to make when I saw color combo #3 from the September 8th post.  I love, love, love these colors together and they're perfect for using with the Papillion Potpourri set--that's on special right now!! Save 15% now through September 30 when you bundle the Papillion Potpourri set with the Bitty Butterfly Punch in either clear (bundle item number 135311--$26.27) or wood (bundle item number 135312--$29.67).  I don't have the Bitty Butterfly Punch, so I used the Elegant Butterfly Punch (127526).

Here are the three choices for Lyssa's color challenge for September 8...don't worry, I'll be creating something for the September 15 challenge, too, and I'll get it posted....eventually!!!

Lyssa's color combos for September 8 are: 
  1. Pool Party, So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Basic Gray
  2. Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Soft Sky, Soft Suede
  3. Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake


Color Refresh-016
Here's what I made with color combination #3:

(Stamp Sets: Papillion Potpourri, Sweet Essentials: Card Stock: Early Espresso, Rose Red, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette; Inks: Early Espresso, Rose Red; Accessories: Elegant Butterfly Punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Dazzling Details)
Let me tell you: I also used my brand new Big Shot Magnetic Platform for the Adorning Accents Edgelit.  Those things were a pain in the you-know without the Magnetic Platform and a cinch with it! Wowza! I'm loving my Magnetic Platform.

Here's a close up of the butterflies so you can see the Dazzling Details details! I put a little piece of Stampin' Dimensionals (the part you might throw away at the edge of the sheet) behind each butterfly so they'd be 3D.


No comments:

Post a Comment