Thursday, August 22, 2013

Quick Color Challenge Card

One of my favorite stampers--Lyssa Zwolanek--posts a color challenge every Sunday.  Even though this last-week-before-school has been the most hectic last-week-before-school ever, I played along with Lyssa's challenge.  The three color combinations are

Color Refresh-013
  1. Smoky Slate, Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral and Basic Gray
  2. Strawberry Slush, Wisteria Wonder, Soft Sky and Elegant Eggplant
  3. Blushing Bride, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Smoky Slate
I choose combo #3...and then realized I only had a few scraps of Melon Mambo cardstock. Doh!  I pulled a this card together really quickly.  It's not what I originally had in mind.  I made several creative changes during the process.  In the end, I think it turned into a pretty card--and a really interesting layout.

You can play along with Lyssa, too.  You can find her Song of My Heart Stampers by clicking on the link over there on the right, under stamping blogs I love.  Song of My Heart Stampers is right at the top.  If you play along, send a photo of your card to Lyssa's email address.  Tell her I sent you!

(Stamp Sets: Mixed Bunch, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Card Stock: Blushing Bride, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Smoky Slate; Inks: Smoky Slate, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay; Accessories: Word Window, Modern Label, and Boho Blossoms Punches, Brights Candy Dots)



No comments:

Post a Comment