Monday, August 5, 2013

Lyssa's "In Love with Color" Weekly Challenge

I recently saw that one of my fave stampers, Lyssa Zwolanek, hosts a weekly color combination inspiration challenge on her blog Song of My Heart Stampers.  Lyssa posts three color combos on Sunday mornings.  This week (8/4/2013) the combos are:
  1. Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant, Calypso Coral and Pear Pizzaz
  2. Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry
  3. Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Garden Green and Crisp Cantaloupe
Color Refresh-010 
Since I'm on vacation, I don't have all my stampin' supplies with me, so I had to make do with what I brought with me. I'm playing along with color combo number three--AND using the new Thinlits Label Card Die!!  Here's what I came up with:


If I knew what I was doing with picture-taking and editing, you'd see that I've used Soft Sky from the Sweater Weather DSP in the Holiday Mini Catalog, Crisp Cantaloupe and Island Indigo Ink and Card Stock.  To get the 4th color for the challenge, I used the Season of Style Washi Tape from the Holiday Mini (which may or may not be Garden Green, but let's just pretend, shall we?).  I adhered the washi to Whisper White Card Stock and then cut the arrows using the elements in the Thinlits Label Card Die set.  Other "ingredients" for this card are Yippee-Skippee!, Gorgeous Grunge,  and Hello Lovely Stamp Sets, Basic Rhinestones, and the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.




Welcome to In Love With Color! Weekly color combining inspiration can be easily found at your fingertips here at Song of My Heart Stampers. Updated with the latest Stampin' Up colors, and keeping an eye on trends in fashion, home decor and papercrafting, Song of My Heart Stampers shares three different color combos every Sunday morning for your inspiration.Want to play along? Send a link to a project inspired by one of my combos to me at zwolaneks@att.net, and once a month I will pick a favorite to feature on the first Sunday of the month. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment