Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Friendly Rooster

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The images in the "Wood Words" stamp set are cute and retro.  I'm really drawn to the rooster and I think he's really pretty in Cherry Cobbler--though I've seen him in a variety of colors. I thought it would be fun to pair the rooster with some of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper. Here's how the card turned out.
I started by stamping the rooster in Cherry Cobbler onto a Very Vanilla scrap. I cut this out with one of the Stitched Shapes Framelits and adhered it to a Cherry Cobbler scallop circle mat that I'd cut out with one of the Layering Circles Framelits.

Next, I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Wood Textures DSP to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Early Espresso mat. I added on a 3-3/4" by 1-1/2" strip of another piece of Wood Textures DSP. Then I wrapped a length of 1/4" Copper Trim around and tied it in a bow. I adhered this to a Cherry Cobbler card base.

Finally, I adhered the rooster medallion to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. I stamped the "hello friend" sentiment in Early Espresso onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch and adhered it right on top of the medallion.

I really like the rustic, retro feel of this card. What a great card to brighten a friend's day!









 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment