Friday, July 28, 2017

Christmas Fridays in July (Part 4)

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When I first saw the "Swirly Bird" stamp set and coordinating Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, I didn't get it.  The stamps just didn't seem to make sense.  And then I began to see all kinds of things that people were doing with the set and thinlits and I fell absolutely in love with them!  You can even use one of the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits as the base of a Christmas wreath.  Lookie here!
I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" panel of Whisper White Card Stock with the Brick Wall Embossing folder and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Soft Sky Card Stock mat. Next I cut a wreath with one of the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits from Chocolate Chip Card Stock.  I looped a length of Soft Sky Classic Weave Ribbon through the wreath and adhered the ends to the back of the Soft Sky mat, before adding it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base. I adhered the wreath to the Whisper White panel with some strategically placed Glue Dots. I tied a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine onto the Soft Sky Ribbon. So cute!

Next, I stamped both sizes of the holly leaves and the holly berries outline stamps from the "Holly Berry Happiness" set in Early Espresso on to a Whisper White Scrap. I filled the holly leaves in with Wild Wasabi Ink and the berries with Rose Red Ink, using the solid stamps from the set.  I punched these out with the Holly Berry Builder Punch. I adhered these elements to the wreath with Glue Dots.

I stamped the sentiment from the "Holly Berry Happiness" set in Wild Wasabi Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with a Layering Ovals Framelit. I adhered this to a Soft Sky scalloped oval that I cut with another Framelit from this set. Here's a PROTIP on saving card stock:  Before I adhered the Whisper White panel to the Soft Sky mat, I cut the scalloped oval from the center of the mat! I adhered the sentiment to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I really love this card--and I hope you do, too, because we'll be making this card at one of my upcoming Christmas card stamp-a-stacks. If you're local to Ellicott City, Maryland, and want to join us, the details are on the tab at the top of the blog. If you'd like a long distance version, let me know and we can make arrangements for that, too!!













Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment