Monday, January 9, 2017

Iconic Note Card Box

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   When I was selected to be a display stamper at Stampin' Up's OnStage event in November, I was given a box of supplies to create my samples.  Among the items in my box was the "Iconic Occasions" host set and Tasty Treats card stock pack with Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake, and Thick Whisper White card stock.  My assignment was to make cards, 3D items, and scrapbook pages.

The images in the "Iconic Occasions" stamp set are so tiny! I usually gravitate toward larger images.  But then I hit on an idea!  Why not make a smaller card?  So I got a package of Whisper White Note Cards (item 131527) and went to work!  I'll be showing the individual note cards tomorrow and Wednesday--so come back to see them up close and personal!!

Once I had all the note cards made, they needed a pretty box to go in.  I started with an 8" by 8" square of Watermelon Wonder Card Stock and used the Envelope Punch Board to make the box.  If you'd like to make one, too, here's my template.


Next, I cut a 10" by 2" strip of Crumb Cake Card Stock and embossed it with the Sparkle Embossing Folder.  I scored it as below.  I used Tear & Tape to adhere the ends and then I added a length of 5/8" Inch Watermelon Wonder Mini Striped Ribbon.


Here's the finished box.
I slipped a Delicate White Doily behind the belly band and adhered it.  I stamped two images from the "Iconic Occasions" stamp set in Watermelon Wonder and Crumb Cake onto a Whisper White scrap and cut it out with one of the Layering Circles Framelits.  I also cut a Watermelon Wonder scalloped circle using the same framelits.  I adhered a piece of the Watermelon Wonder Ribbon to the back of this and then used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this piece to a Gold Metallic Foil Doily.  I tousled some Linen Thread and adhered this to the back of the metallic doily before adhering the assembly to the belly band.

I made 6 note cards to go inside the box.  Here's the whole set.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I'll show you the cards, 3 by 3.  Come back and see!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment